This is the changelog page for Set-Cs2013Features.ps1. You will find a complete list of released versions, their dates, and the features and issues addressed in each. Please refer to the script’s main page for more information including download links, installation details, and more.
v2.0 – 11-26-2013
- option 3: Added prompt and prereqs for Lync Room System Admin Portal
- option 3: Added code to create firewall exceptions for Get-CsConnections.ps1 when installing RTCLocal SQL instance.
- option 5: changes to features installed for Office Web Apps servers based on feedback
- option 5: added WAC update from KB2837634
- option 18: changed to the new Microsoft Message Analyzer (from NetMon 3.4)
- option 30: Wireshark – downloads file and starts installation. Automated installation isn’t really possible.
- Added logging of more information
- Removed some aliases to conform with best practices
- option 17: updated link to download file for portqry XML file. The author of the file uses SkyDrive for the download, so the URL changes every time he posts an update.
v1.9 – 10-28-2013
- Added support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Fixed Test-IsProxyEnabled that could throw an error if a proxy has NEVER been configured on a server
- Test-IsSigned comment help updated
- Test-ScriptUpdates comment help updated
- Corrected a typo
- Reworded some error messages and warnings
v1.8 – 08-01-2013
- Tweaked regex for $SQLPath to support paths with spaces (thanks to David Wyatt)
- Removed some instances of text being sent to the console during file downloads to make things a little cleaner. Info is still sent to the log file, though. Write-Log tweaked to verify event log actually exists if writing to it
- Added code to restart script in an elevated session if the current session isn’t elevated (previously the script just throw an error and exited)
- Option 5 updated to include Net-Http-Activation per http://michaelvh.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/the-curious-remedy-for-the-not-so-curious-health-problems-of-the-office-web-apps-server/
- Option 19 fixed typo that caused an error
- Option 24 updated to verify Media Foundation feature is installed
- Option 28 Added download of Lync-Skype Connectivity Provisioning Guide
- Option 30 started – configure push notifications
v1.7 – 05-31-2013
- option added (option 25) for Set recovery of Lync services to restart – this comes from my post at http://www.ehloworld.com/662
- option added (option 26) Lync Server 2013 Watcher Node [DOWNLOAD ONLY]
- option added (option 27) Lync Server 2013 Management Pack & Documentation [DOWNLOAD ONLY]
- option added (option 28) Enable Skype Federation
- option added (option 97) to visit script’s website
- intro code for script update check – right now if the script’s file creationdate is more than 90 days old, you’ll get a prompt asking if you want to check for an update.
- auto detection of first CD-ROM drive for default $Win2012Source (previously default to d:)
- updated Test-IsRebootRequired function to check more registry keys to cover Windows Update reboot required as well; added code to see if SCCM 2012 client requires a reboot
- various logging bug fixes as well as logging more info to the file – eventually this will result in less being sent to the console screen.
- switched here-strings to double quotes to work around a random formatting issue in UltraEdit, and to streamline using variables in them
- initial code for proxy detection and credentials (per @TomArbuthnot) – it hasn’t been extensively tested yet.
- better error detection/suppression/logging in New-FileDownload and New-ProgramInstallation functions
- fixed the documentation help download (option 13) code to always download the file – even if it already exists locally (to account for updated file)
- additional work on the sysinternals option (not yet availabled). Access to \\live.sysinternals.com seems to be pretty laggy. Trying to work around that.
- added some validation around the $TargetFolder parameter. I really hate dealing with regex, but do appreciate what they can do.
- some optimization of the New-SQLInstance and New-SQLMgmtStudio functions
- fixed some weird issue with the portqryui custom xml file download (option 17). I think it’s SkyDrive related. Might have to come up with an alternative method.
- fixed an issue with the Write-Log function which caused split log files if the script changed directories. Now set the logs to be in $TargetFolder\logs
- optimized Test-IsAdmin function – it’s now 1/2 the lines of code
- minor tweaks to Add-PinnedAppToTaskbar and Add-PinnedAppToStartMenu functions to utilize ParameterSetName
- minor tweaks to New-FileDownload function to utilize Split-Path over a longer, more complex method
- minor tweaks to convert some Where-Object lines to the PowerShell v3 method
v1.6 - 05-24-2013
- “Download latest Lync Server 2013 Cumulative Update” option added
- “Custom PortQryUI” option added per (http://flinchbot.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/portqueryui-config-xml-file-for-lync/)
- “Windows Update tile” option added
- combined tile functions
- combined SQL instance functions
- additional logging
- “Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 4.0, Runtime (UCMA 4.0) installation” option added
- various code optimization
v1.5 – 05-10-2013
- -NoSQL option for those who insist on letting the Lync installer install the SQL instances. This means that you’ll have to update those instances.
- Better reboot handling for OS prerequisites. This should resolve the problem with some people seeing a lot of errors until after a reboot.
- Better error messages for some errors. Can’t ignore these!
- Updated Debugger Tools installation as mention in Jonathan’s post (thanks to Kevin)
- Office Web App server KB2810007 update (thanks to Randy)
- Rename to Set-Cs2013Features.ps1
- Added custom Scheduler simple URL. This automates adding a custom simple URL for the scheduler app
- Changed Standard edition server config to a prompt during regular FE install (removed -standard parameter)
- changed SQL input parameters to a single $SQLPath, with regex validation and default value. Just specify the -SQLPath [path] instead of the -SQLDir and -SQLDrive parameters.
- intro code for full logging functionality. Script will now create a log file that can be used for troubleshooting. Just basic stuff in there for now. I’ll add more later.
- updated comment based help info with additional parameter and example information
- fixed Lync Help option that was generating errors when trying to create taskbar shortcuts
v1.4 – 05-03-2013
- Added detection check for OS reboot (due to previous unfinished installation), and halt script if it’s detected. Otherwise, some Add-WindowsFeatures commands could fail.
- Added telnet client option, and prompt for it during most roles.
- Added SQL Management Studio option per Chris Elliot’s suggestion and example, and prompt during any role that has SQL instances
- Added Lync documentation help option
- Added NetMon 3.4 option
- Added Windows Update option
- Added option to define installation path for SQL instances
- Tweaked Office Web App OS prereqs to include InkAndHandwritingServices per Viggo Stomsvik’s comment
- Moved Add-WindowsFeature commands to top of order for all roles to avoid a potential error when installing SQL Express
- Added better check to determine if installing OS prereqs requires a reboot, and flagging accordingly
- Cleaned up code for scheduler custom simple URL
- Added preliminary code for SysInternals Suite install
- Moved SQL instance installs to dedicated functions and optimized
- Switched from ANSI to Unicode so that I could do cleaner looking error displays
- Switched SQL Express and SQL Management Studio installs from /quiet to /quietsimple so that there is some on-screen indication that the installs are progressing. This has no effect on the installations themselves, but it’s better than the script not appearing to do anything for 10 minutes at a time.
v1.3 – 04-29-2013
- Added Office Web App option. Includes all prerequisites, installing the roll, and the recent update for it
- Added the Director role option. Includes all OS prerequisites and the updated SQL Express instances
- Code optimization
- Added updated SQL Express instances to Edge option
- Signed script
v1.2 – 04-01-2013
- Edge server functions updated to include SQL Express SP1 (just like the FE code)
- Added Stress and Performance Tool option
- Minor code optimization
- Some code for future features
v1.1 – 02-28-2013
- Server roles added:
- Persistent Chat
- Tools and utilities added:
- Resource Kit
- Persistent Chat Resource Kit
- Features added
- PowerShell Update-Help scheduled task
- Bug fixes and tweaks
- check for $Win2012Source\sources\sxs
- Moved tiles to the All Users profile
v1.0 – 02-08-2013
- Initial version