Microsoft has released the following update rollup for Exchange Server 2007:
- Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 SP1 (952580)
If you’re running Exchange Server 2007 SP1, you need to apply Update Rollup 4 for Exchange 2007 SP1 to address the security issues listed below.
Remember, you only need to download the latest update for the version of Exchange that you’re running. RTM updates can’t be installed on SP1 and vice versa.
Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 SP1 supersedes the following:
- 945684 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- 948016 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- 949870 Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
Here is a list of the fixes included in rollup 4:
- 942649 Description of the commands that support the UseRusServer option that is imported in Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- 944831 You cannot configure Exchange Server 2007 so that the simple display name appears in outgoing messages
- 945854 A meeting reminder is still active when you configure Outlook to send no reminders to an Exchange Server 2007 user
- 945870 TAB symbols may be converted incorrectly to spaces in Exchange Server 2007
- 948896 Certificates that contain wildcard characters may not work correctly on an Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1-based server
- 948897 An attachment incorrectly appears as the body of the e-mail message in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 948923 Users do not receive information in DSN messages in Exchange Server 2007 with Service Pack 1
- 949512 An embedded message is removed from the attachment list on Exchange Server 2007 if the embedded message subject ends with .com, .exe, or any other blocked extension
- 949782 An In-Policy request that is forwarded to delegate appears as an Out-Of-Policy request if a user submits an In-Policy meeting request against a room mailbox of Exchange Server 2007
- 949858 The provisioning process is unsuccessful when you use Identity Lifecycle Manager (ILM) 2007 to provision user objects to an Exchange Server 2007 resource forest
- 949926 Error when you use an IMAP4 client or a POP3 client to log on to a delegate mailbox of Exchange Server 2007: “800cccd1″
- 950076 After you move a mailbox from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1, you cannot edit rules in Outlook Web Access
- 950081 Error message when users use an SMTP client to send e-mail messages in Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1: “454 4.7.0 Temporary authentication failure”
- 950138 You are prompted for your credentials three times and you receive an error message when you use the Outlook Anywhere feature to connect to an Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1–based server that is running Windows Server 2008
- 950198 You can enable AfterConversion snapshot for all messages if pipeline tracing and Content Conversion Tracing are enabled
- 950235 The IMAP4 or POP3 worker process may stop responding on an Exchange 2007 CAS role when you use an IMAP4 client or a POP3 client to connect the Exchange 2007 CAS role to your mailbox
- 950409 The reminder is triggered earlier than expected when an Exchange Server 2007 server receives an iCalendar meeting request message over an SMTP server
- 950622 Messages are converted to a very small font size in Outlook Web Access and in Outlook 2003 when you use Exchange Server 2007
- 950976 Event ID 115 may be logged intermittently on a computer that is running Exchange Server 2007 with Service Pack 1
- 951067 Event ID 7034 may be logged in the Application log in Exchange Server 2007 when an MAPI application tries to access a mailbox in a certain way
- 951156 The message body of appointments is garbled after you use a mobile device to synchronize appointments that were created in Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2007
- 951251 A MAPI application does not work correctly if Exchange 2007 is installed on a Windows Server 2008 server
- 951594 The W3svc log reports the incorrect number of attachments on an Exchange Server 2007 server that has deployed Exchange ActiveSync Service (EAS)
- 951747 An error occurs when you use the Export-mailbox or Restore-mailbox command to migrate certain mailboxes on Exchange Server 2007: “error code -1056749164″
- 951864 Some users must enter their credentials when they access rights-protected messages even though you have deployed the Rights Management Services (RMS) prelicensing agent on an Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1-based server
- 952152 The Autodiscover service for ActiveSync in an Exchange 2007 environment does not work for users in sites that do not have the ExternalURL property set
- 952250 You encounter a long delay for each mailbox when you run the “Move-Mailbox” or “Set-Mailbox” command on an Exchange Server 2007 computer
- 952682 Log file drives on the SCR target may eventually fill up and cause replication failure in Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- 952924 Error message when Exchange users try to access public folders that are hosted on Exchange Server 2003 by using Outlook Web Access for Exchange Server 2007: “Outlook Web Access is unable to open public folders”
- 953312 The “Open Message In Conflict” button is not available in the conflict notification message for Exchange Server 2007 users
- 954058 You can change the method for transfer encoding after you apply Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- 954205 Event ID 1113 is logged in the Application log on a Unified Messaging (UM) server when users contact the UM server by using secured connections
- 954237 The IMAP service crashes intermittently on Exchange 2007, and Event ID 5000 is logged
- 955208 Event ID 5000 occurs when the Exchange IMAP4 worker process crashes intermittently in Exchange Server 2007
- 956775 CopyItem and MoveItem Operations in Exchange Web Services can return the Item ID after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- 957133 Description of improvements in functionality that occur in Exchange Web Services operations after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
Download the rollup here.
If you haven’t installed Exchange Server yet, you can use the info at Quicker Exchange installs complete with service packs and rollups to save you some time.
Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for Exchange 2010 servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). See the post Installing Exchange 2010 Rollups on DAG Servers for info, and a script, for installing update rollups.
Update Rollups should be applied to Internet facing Client Access Servers before being installed on non-Internet facing Client Access Servers.
If you’re installing the update rollup on Exchange servers that don’t have Internet access, see “Installing Exchange 2007 & 2010 rollups on servers that don’t have Internet access” for some additional steps.