Update Rollup 6 (UR6) for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Released
Microsoft has released the following update rollup for Exchange Server 2010:
- Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 (2608646)
If you’re running Exchange Server 2010 SP1, you need to apply Update Rollup 6 for Exchange 2010 to address the issues listed below.
Remember, you only need to download the latest update for the version of Exchange that you’re running.
Here is a list of the fixes included in update rollup 6:
- 2431609 An update is available that updates the message of a retention policy in OWA for Exchange Server 2010
- 2449266 EWS drops the TCP connection to the EWS client application without any error message in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2480474 A Users do not receive quota warning messages after applying SP1 for Exchange 2010
- 2514820 An incoming fax message is not delivered to the recipient in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2521927 Disabling the Exchange ActiveSync Integration feature for OWA does not take effect in OWA Premium clients in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2528854 The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service crashes on a computer that has Exchange Server 2010 SP1 installed
- 2535289 The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes occasionally when you run an antivirus application on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2536313 Slow message delivery and mailbox access for journaling mailboxes on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2544246 You receive a NRN of a meeting request 120 days later after the recipient accepted the request in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2548246 The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes occasionally when a folder view is corrupted on an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server
- 2549183 “There are no objects to select” message when you try to use the EMC to specify a server to connect to in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2549289 A RBAC role assignee can unexpectedly run the Add-MailboxPermission command or the Remove-MailboxPermission command on an Exchange Server 2010 server that is outside the role assignment scope
- 2555851 A mailbox does not appear in certain address lists after you run commands on the mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2559814 A user cannot add or remove delegates from a mailbox by using Outlook in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2561514 Exchange Server 2003 user cannot view the free/busy information of a user in a different federated organization
- 2563860 You cannot create a new mailbox database if you already have 1000 mailbox databases in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2567409 Certain free/busy messages are not replicated from an Exchange Server 2010 server to an Exchange Server 2003 server
- 2571791 Retention policies are applied to Contact items unexpectedly in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2572052 Certain properties of a recurring meeting request from external email accounts are missing in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2575005 You cannot start the EMC or the EMS in an Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 environment
- 2578631 Certain users cannot send email messages to a mail-enabled public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2579172 Items that are deleted or moved still appear in the original folder when you use Office Outlook in online mode to access an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 2579671 No results returned when you use the ExpandGroup method in EWS to retrieve a list of members of a Dynamic Distribution Group in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2582095 The SmtpMaxMessagesPerConnection property of a send connector is not replicated to the subscribed Edge Transport server in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2600835 The RPC Client Access service crashes when you delete an attachment of an item by using Outlook in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2601701 The memory usage of the MSExchangeRepl.exe process keeps increasing when you perform a VSS backup on Exchange Server 2010 databases
- 2616127 “0x80041606” error code when you use Outlook in online mode to search for a keyword against a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2617126 The Store.exe process crashes when you send an email message that has attachments in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2627769 Some time zones in OWA are not synchronized with Windows in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Download the rollup here.
If you haven’t installed Exchange Server yet, you can use the info at Quicker Exchange installs complete with service packs and rollups to save you some time.
Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for Exchange 2010 servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). See the post Installing Exchange 2010 Rollups on DAG Servers for info, and a script, for installing update rollups.
Update Rollups should be applied to Internet facing Client Access Servers before being installed on non-Internet facing Client Access Servers.
If you’re installing the update rollup on Exchange servers that don’t have Internet access, see “Installing Exchange 2007 & 2010 rollups on servers that don’t have Internet access” for some additional steps.
Also, the installer and Add/Remove Programs text is only in English – even when being installed on non-English systems.
Note to Forefront users:
If you don’t disable Forefront before installing a rollup or service pack, and enable afterwards, you run the risk of Exchange related services not starting. You can disable Forefront by going to a command prompt and navigating to the Forefront directory and running FSCUtility /disable. To enable Forefront after installation of a UR or SP, run FSCUtility /enable.