Set-Cs2013Features.ps1 – changelog
This is the changelog page for Set-Cs2013Features.ps1. You will find a complete list of released versions, their dates, and the features and issues addressed in each. Please refer to the script’s main page for more information including download links, installation details, and more.
v1.5 – 05-10-2013
- -NoSQL option for those who insist on letting the Lync installer install the SQL instances. This means that you’ll have to update those instances.
- Better reboot handling for OS prerequisites. This should resolve the problem with some people seeing a lot of errors until after a reboot.
- Better error messages for some errors. Can’t ignore these!
- Updated Debugger Tools installation as mention in Jonathan’s post (thanks to Kevin)
- Office Web App server KB2810007 update (thanks to Randy)
- Rename to Set-Cs2013Features.ps1
- Added custom Scheduler simple URL. This automates adding a custom simple URL for the scheduler app
- Changed Standard edition server config to a prompt during regular FE install (removed -standard parameter)
- changed SQL input parameters to a single $SQLPath, with regex validation and default value. Just specify the -SQLPath [path] instead of the -SQLDir and -SQLDrive parameters.
- intro code for full logging functionality. Script will now create a log file that can be used for troubleshooting. Just basic stuff in there for now. I’ll add more later.
- updated comment based help info with additional parameter and example information
- fixed Lync Help option that was generating errors when trying to create taskbar shortcuts
v1.4 – 05-03-2013
- Added detection check for OS reboot (due to previous unfinished installation), and halt script if it’s detected. Otherwise, some Add-WindowsFeatures commands could fail.
- Added telnet client option, and prompt for it during most roles.
- Added SQL Management Studio option per Chris Elliot’s suggestion and example, and prompt during any role that has SQL instances
- Added Lync documentation help option
- Added NetMon 3.4 option
- Added Windows Update option
- Added option to define installation path for SQL instances
- Tweaked Office Web App OS prereqs to include InkAndHandwritingServices per Viggo Stomsvik’s comment
- Moved Add-WindowsFeature commands to top of order for all roles to avoid a potential error when installing SQL Express
- Added better check to determine if installing OS prereqs requires a reboot, and flagging accordingly
- Cleaned up code for scheduler custom simple URL
- Added preliminary code for SysInternals Suite install
- Moved SQL instance installs to dedicated functions and optimized
- Switched from ANSI to Unicode so that I could do cleaner looking error displays
- Switched SQL Express and SQL Management Studio installs from /quiet to /quietsimple so that there is some on-screen indication that the installs are progressing. This has no effect on the installations themselves, but it’s better than the script not appearing to do anything for 10 minutes at a time.
v1.3 – 04-29-2013
- Added Office Web App option. Includes all prerequisites, installing the roll, and the recent update for it
- Added the Director role option. Includes all OS prerequisites and the updated SQL Express instances
- Code optimization
- Added updated SQL Express instances to Edge option
- Signed script
v1.2 – 04-01-2013
- Edge server functions updated to include SQL Express SP1 (just like the FE code)
- Added Stress and Performance Tool option
- Minor code optimization
- Some code for future features
v1.1 – 02-28-2013
- Server roles added:
- Persistent Chat
- Tools and utilities added:
- Resource Kit
- Persistent Chat Resource Kit
- Features added
- PowerShell Update-Help scheduled task
- Bug fixes and tweaks
- check for $Win2012Source\sources\sxs
- Moved tiles to the All Users profile
v1.0 – 02-08-2013
- Initial version