Update Rollup 1 (UR1) for Exchange Server 2010 Released
Microsoft has released the following update rollup for Exchange Server 2010:
- Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 (976576)
If you’re running Exchange Server 2010, you need to apply Update Rollup 1 for Exchange 2010 to address the issues listed below.
Remember, you only need to download the latest update for the version of Exchange that you’re running.
Here is a list of the fixes included in rollup 1:
- 977439 Exchange Server 2010 users cannot open certain attachments when they access their mailboxes by using Outlook Web App
- 977551 Meeting requests that are sent to a room mailbox are not processed in Exchange Server 2010
- 977552 Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes in the Handler.dll that is located on an Exchange 2010 Client Access service server
- 977553 Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes in Parser.dll on the Exchange Server 2010 CAS server
- 977554 The subject or body of a message that is hosted in an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox is not set as expected
- 977555 The message body is inaccessible when the property conversion from PR_BODY_HTML to PR_BODY fails
- 977556 The body text of an e-mail message is invisible after you create exceptions for a recurring appointment or for a recurring meeting by using a CDO application together with Exchange Server 2010
- 977557 An E_FAIL error occurs when you create an exception to a meeting request by using a CDO application for a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 977558 A folder name is not changed when you try to move and then rename the folder in an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox by using the CopyFolder method of the IMAPIFolder interface
- 977559 The location of a meeting or an appointment is not updated on an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 977560 Update fails when you use a CDO application to update a recurrence task on Exchange Server 2010
- 977561 VSS backup process stops responding when you try to perform a Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) backup for Exchange Server 2010 databases
Download the rollup here. It is also available on Microsoft Update.
NOTE: Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). Scott Schnoll has written an article at MSExchangeTeam.org about how to install the rollup on DAG members.
If you haven’t installed Exchange Server yet, you can use the info at Quicker Exchange installs complete with service packs and rollups to save you some time.
Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for Exchange 2010 servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). See the post Installing Exchange 2010 Rollups on DAG Servers for info, and a script, for installing update rollups.
Update Rollups should be applied to Internet facing Client Access Servers before being installed on non-Internet facing Client Access Servers.
If you’re installing the update rollup on Exchange servers that don’t have Internet access, see “Installing Exchange 2007 & 2010 rollups on servers that don’t have Internet access” for some additional steps.