Exchange 2007 Prerequisite XML Files Included in Service Pack 2 Download
Microsoft has included the handy Windows Server 2008 XML files in the Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 distribution. These files, previously available via the product group’s blog site, makes it quick and painless to install all necessary prerequisites for Exchange on Windows 2008 servers.
Found in the \scripts folder, the files include
- exchange-all.xml (all roles)
- exchange-base.xml (all prerequisites for any Exchange server)
- exchange-cas.xml (client access server)
- exchange-edge (edge transport server)
- exchange-hub (hub transport server)
- exchange-mbx (mailbox server)
- exchange-typical (single box – Hub/CAS/Mbx)
- exchage-um (unified messaging)
What is not in the files, it appears, are the prerequisites for a clustered mailbox server (which was included in the original zip file) and Network Load Balancing for Client Access Servers. Both files can be created or the options can be added to the existing files.