Update Rollup 7 (UR7) for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 Released
Microsoft has released the following update rollup for Exchange Server 2007:
- Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 (KB2655203)
If you’re running Exchange Server 2007 SP3, you need to apply Update Rollup 7 for Exchange 2007 SP3 to address the issues listed below.
Remember, you only need to download the latest update for the version of Exchange that you’re running.
Here is a list of the fixes included in update rollup 1:
- 2617514 Old spelling rules on the Brazilian Portuguese dictionary in OWA in an Exchange Server 2007 SP3 environment
- 2645789 MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND error when a MAPI application calls the GetProps method on an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox server
- 2654700 Certain mailbox rules do not work automatically after you move a mailbox from an Exchange Server 2007 server to an Exchange Server 2010 server and then move it back
- 2677583 Move operation is not completed and 100 percent of CPU resources are consumed on an Exchange Server 2007 Mailbox server
- 2677979 MSExchangePOP3 service crashes in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2680793 Free/busy lookups between Lotus Notes and Exchange Server 2007 users stop responding
- 2682570 Store.exe crashes on Exchange Server 2007 servers when a public folder that contains an empty PR_URL_NAME property is replicated in a mixed Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2690628 Pre-reform spelling rules are used in the Portuguese (Portugal) dictionary in Outlook Web Access in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2694267 MSExchangeRepl.exe process crashes when Active Directory returns the LDAP_PARAM_ERROR value in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2694274 User who has the Full Access permission cannot open another user’s mailbox by using Outlook Web App in a mixed Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2694291 The autocomplete=”off” parameter is missing in Outlook Web Access in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2696628 You receive duplicate read receipts from a user who is using an IMAP4 client in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Download the rollup here.
If you haven’t installed Exchange Server yet, you can use the info at Quicker Exchange installs complete with service packs and rollups to save you some time.
Microsoft Update can’t detect rollups for Exchange 2010 servers that are members of a Database Availability Group (DAG). See the post Installing Exchange 2010 Rollups on DAG Servers for info, and a script, for installing update rollups.
Update Rollups should be applied to Internet facing Client Access Servers before being installed on non-Internet facing Client Access Servers.
If you’re installing the update rollup on Exchange servers that don’t have Internet access, see “Installing Exchange 2007 & 2010 rollups on servers that don’t have Internet access” for some additional steps.
Also, the installer and Add/Remove Programs text is only in English – even when being installed on non-English systems.
Note to Forefront users:
If you don’t disable Forefront before installing a rollup or service pack, and enable afterwards, you run the risk of Exchange related services not starting. You can disable Forefront by going to a command prompt and navigating to the Forefront directory and running FSCUtility /disable. To enable Forefront after installation of a UR or SP, run FSCUtility /enable.